Thursday, August 12, 2010

Rain Rain Go Away. Seriously.

Iowa is currently becoming one big giant river/lake. So far the cities of Ames and Des Moines have been hit pretty hard. Even my home town of Colfax is waist-deep in river water that should not be there. And unfortunately I think the worst is yet to come.
Now I love storms. Absolutely love them. But we just don't have any more room for this sort of rain. So would you please Mother Nature, just take a break and pour on some other state for a while? I hear some of the southwest is in need of water. I think it's time to share some of ours.

Also, for those who viewed this on Illustration Friday, these flood waters are really "caging" people in. I know it's a stretch but ask anyone who lives around here and they'll agree, it's hard to get out of some of these towns!

1 comment: